Sunday, July 5, 2020

Perfect from Imperfection

Greetings! Happy Independence Day! It's still the 4th of July in Hawaii :-)

I often wonder what people eat when they're trying to "be healthy" so, to be transparent - here's an example of my lunch:

Believe it or not, that meal was 717 calories - the cucumber was zero - or 10. That is 1 oz of nuts, I weighed it, that is 170 Calories - the bulk of the calories came from my smoothie - why? Well, the Almond Butter - 1 T - was 190 calories, the banana is sugar, the blueberries, protein powder, almond milk, flax seed..I think that's it.  I don't think we realize how many calories we actually consume and the "empty" calories that are going towards nothing.  I WAS starving by the time dinner came along - but it had also been about 4-5 hours since I had eaten - which, some theorize isn't good and that we should be eating every 2.5 - 3 hours -so, I failed in that realm.  Breakfast this day was 3 eggs with chia seeds, half of a small avocado, and that was it!

SO - that's how this ordinary girl plans, cooks, eats.

I just got really sleepy - so I'm gonna publish this and then save the rest for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment