Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Nuked Cukes

Greetings! It's been a busy week and a half, I think!

Workout wise - I walked/hiked 7 miles last week and swam :-) I have to work out 3x/week otherwise I owe my friend, Moonyagi 20 burpees. To be honest, last week was hard!  We had a leadership weekend, and I was so tired before - thank goodness for swimming - I think tossing a child in the air and catching them is a high intensity strength training ;-)

THIS week, I've logged 4.8 miles..now, if you're not in AZ - the caveat here is - if you want to run, walk, hike, etc. and you're a Me - then you need to battle the Sandman and wake up early - so this morning at 5:30, as I was on my way to my destination, I at least got this beautiful sunrise - and I saw the elevation of this house and loved it! Forever ago, I had a dream that I moved into a house with a rock-brick front wall and when I saw this, it reminded me of that dream. Random tangent - it was with someone that wasn't my husband, and ...well, he gone - so - who knows! Maybe this is still in my future!



So - part of getting healthy and training is nutrition! My friend, KW knew I'd been documenting - so on Sunday, she laughed and said "don't forget to take your picture!"

This was today's leftovers - oops, I forgot I'd packed cucumbers in there and blindly shoved it in the microwave, which I HATE using - and....I accidentally nuked my cukes!😕😔😜😏😂



This beautiful-ness was breakfast yesterday!  1 egg, diced up mini peppers, some other stuff...8ish oz of almond milk, and I never ate the apple...
Me cooking the above!
This was the meal KW and I cooked on Sunday - WinCo had chicken breasts that were about a pound - I cut it into fourths, ate one that night - one last night, and two today. Zucchini, grilled with turmeric, caramelized onions, 1/4 sweet potato, and quinoa...oh, and FRESH cucumbers.  The nuked version was this meal, but..oops. Hey - cooked cucumbers, they weren't horrible...squashy. Never thought of cucumbers as a squash, but they are!



I think this was breakfast Sunday - eggs, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese, toast, sour cream...green onion, cilantro...


So - that's it! It DOES take some planning, FOR sure. But, so worth it! I don't like cooking because of how long it takes - but...I feel great with what I'm eating.  Each meal ends up being 300-600 calories - depending if there are added hemp hearts, flax seed (those little things are highly caloric, but good.)

If I could just kick my Nutella habit...I'd shed a lot of calories! Haha, it really is the sweets, or the occasional chips...but, deprivation isn't lasting, so - though I want to lose weight, and sure - there are those that say processed food is the Devil - I also like to celebrate the small wins! The HEALTHY calories I AM getting. 

Sparkle on!

 

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Breakfast

 

1 Egg.

¼ C Bell peppers.

½ C Mushrooms.

2 slices deli ham.

¼ C Almond Milk.

Medium Apple.

1 medium piece fruit.

Protein Shake w/ Spinach.

½ C Oats.

1 C Milk.

1 T Walnuts.

1T flax seed

¼ C blueberries.

5.3 oz Greek yogurt.

1 C Strawberries.

5.3 oz Greek Yogurt.

½ C Blueberries.

1 T Pecans.

1 WG Bread.

1 Fried Egg.

1 slice deli ham.

¼ C Bell peppers.

1 sliced tomato.

 

Lunch

 

2 C Mixed Lettuce.

3 oz tuna in water.

1 Avocado.

1 C Strawberries.

1 Hard boiled Egg.

1 T Sour cream.

Dark Chocolate.

1 C  Lettuce mix.

1 String Cheese.

½ Cucumber.

3 oz roasted chicken.

1 Slice WG Bread.

 

1 Slice WG Bread.

3 oz Deli Ham

¼ C Bell Pepper.

1 C Veggie Soup

1 Slice of Cheese

1 Slice Tomato.

1 C Black Bean Soup

¼ C Shredded Cheese.

1 HB egg.

2 C Salad.

1 T Dressing.

5.3 oz Vanilla Greek.

1 C Lettuce.

1 Mozzarella Stick.

1 C berries.

3 oz Chicken.

1 Pickle.

1 T Dressing.

 

Dinner

 

2 C Green beans.

¼ C Shredded Cheese.

3 oz chicken breast.

 

Sunday Leftovers

 

3 oz Chicken

Zucchini

Cucumbers

¼ Sweet Potato

Quinoa

6 oz Salmon.

1 Sweet Potato.

1 T Pecans

1 C Broccoli .

1 T honey

6 oz Shrimp.

2 C Veggies.

½ C Rice Medley

Clean Out Fridge

 

 

Snack (s)

 

Edamame

Steamed veggies

Celery and hummus

Apple and nut butter

8oz milk

Cranberries, raisins, pepitas (1T each)

1 HB egg

1 String Cheese

1 C Grapes

 

 

¼ C Rolled Oats

1 T Unsweetened Coconut

1 T Chia Seeds

2T PB powder

¾ Skim Milk

 


No comments:

Post a Comment