Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Hike 3 Wave Cave 5 October

 So - I am an off and on active gal. I go to the gym for a month, take two off...I walk with a friend, then she moves back to Colorado....I walk with my other friend....then I wasn't feeling well...but I'm always decently active - just not hard core consistent.

After my death hike, I had a list of things I would want to take with me. It's this:


Freeze bladder halfway on its side
Jerky
Change(s) of socks

















Apple
Hat
Sunglasses
Electrolytes
Cold bottle waiting in the car
Squirt bottle/fan
Umbrella
Hydrate/fuel up days before
Flip flops
TP 
Wipes/wet washcloth in baggie
Ziplock with water (frozen)
Thin/long sleeved shirt
Nuts
Cliff bar(s)
Breakfast
Leatherman
Tissues

I haven't brought ALL of those things (fan) But I have had most of those things.

An apple is so yummy and juicy and nice in the middle of a hike, so that's become a staple. Though I don't eat the jerky - I always have it, now - well, the last few hikes. I don't have a fan, yet...or an umbrella...but I keep flip flops and a cold something in the car so I can take my shoes off.

Wave Cave was pretty fun. It was slightly challenging because of the incline to the actual cave, but it was a nice challenge - not like I was going to die.

The photos posted in reverse order and in the middle of the post - but whateves! Haha, It was THIS cave that I realized....I, frankly, don't enjoy hiking - what I enjoy? Being with my friends.

Along those lines, this is when I realized: I'm that friend - that trusty sidekick you want around. "Hey, friend...I was thinking of doing "insert something moderate to crazy." I reply, "OK! Lemme check my calender, I'm game!" and....folks, that's how I found myself training to hike the Grand Canyon R2R (Rim to Rim) in one day...ha, I like being that friend...but at times, I'm in a cave with the sound of bees wondering.."how'd I get here!?"

Sparkle on.


No comments:

Post a Comment