Friday, April 24, 2020

Graveyard

dOUBLE Confession:

It's been 24 hours, so I'm acting. I heard this song and I really like it - so much! Then I was listening to the lyrics and thought, "no, no, no, no!" (dive deeper into the nuances and it actually speaks to my point).

This isn't a girl power post - but a POWER post. I used to think that following someone into the depths of where they traversed regardless of the self detriment involved was a sign of love because of the willingness not to let go and loyally stand beside them. I've gone with those I love into darknesses that I wouldn't have imagined - because I thought that if you loved someone, you didn't leave them. Isn't that what we're taught with Romeo and Juliet and just about every other Harlequin melodrama? - we should NOT go with them. TRUE love is continuing to progress and brighten your filament. Hey - I love you - while you dig yourself into that hole, I'll be up here continuing to light my path. Here's a rope. Give three tugs if you need me to come share my light and I will - but I will NOT fall into the worlds' unhealthy definition of love. Anna didn't go down with Elsa, she was in the darkness and found her light - they both did.

Second confession? Check out the comments - Mikesha Green - she hit the nail on the head before I had my moment.

DON'T *EVER* give up your sparkle. God gave that to YOU! He needs for YOU to shine and #lighttheworld because the world has forgotten that the more we shine together, the brighter it'll be. #sparkleon #survivor #italk
https://youtu.be/rPgaYeq9NvI

1 comment: