Sunday, August 30, 2020

Blackened Chicken

 It's been a while - not due to a lack of things happening, just a while and not too much exciting!

This past week I was able to get in 3 CF workouts and 2 mileage workouts - about 11.5 miles this week, so I'm pleased with that.

I was kind of frustrated because I've been watching what I eat and have been what most would refer to as "pretty good" - an off day here and there, but when I looked at the scale only to be met with the same number as when I hopped on over a month ago, I was so discouraged.  I pondered it for a while - I didn't take any before photos, so I can't say how I looked before - but I can say some pants that were tightER are looser now, and I'm back in to a size 10 dress pant (one particular pair) that I was wearing before the COVID 10 came to visit for a while.

I think I need to be excited that my body composition may be changing though the scale isn't reflecting that.  I back squatted 105# last week, and that was an improvement. I'm an old lady, so I feel pains here and there - my lower back is often tight and my right foot has been acting up, but overall - for the most part, I'd say I'm doing well for someone approaching middle age, unless I'm already here - and I'm just doing well!

Today, a story. I'm a GREAT griller - I mean, don't enter me in any type of grill-off or anything, but I enjoy what I make!  So - I was manning the Sunday kitchen time with kiddos, I was killing it - we had cookies going, homemade hamburger patties, it was awesome! I put on my chicken for my lunch, and...a while later, it hit me! MY LUNCH! AHHH!

I went to check on it...

It was somewhat salvageable - then when I was making my lunch, trying to make the best of it - I was talking to my buddies at the office, M.L. said it wasn't burnt! It was "blackened!" And I had this notion of an idea! SOMEONE with kids discovered "Blackened" proteins - it was a result of running around and having a temporary lapse in remembrance and POOF - it's not charred, it's BLACKENED. Anyways - I say all of this laughing, but it made sense.  Got kids in your life? HA, you probably understand ;-)


Cheese mostly helped ;-) Cheese solved many problems in my world!

That's really it - sparkle on, folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment